All the Catching Up

It has been a very busy time with Lent and Pastor's Conference and Holy Week and Spring Break.  I am having to read shorter books and even figure out where I am schedule wise. 


A BOOK WITH THE TIME OF DAY IN THE TITLE



I read Afternoon of the Elves by Janet Taylor Lisle which is also a Newbery Honor book and very short.  I had read it before and I was wondering if my first impressions might have changed- they had not- if anything this book made me even more sad and confused especially as a mother.


Hermione read Baby-sitters' Fright Night and I read it too just cause I love The Baby-sitters Club.  It wasn't a very good book but the costume descriptions where fun and it is all very nostalgic for me to read about beloved characters.  It is like meeting up with a group of old friends.

A BOOK ABOUT A VILLAIN OR ANTI HERO 





I couldn't tell if this was cheating but it felt like it fit the prompt so I counted it.  How to Be a Villain by Neil Zawacki is a funny book about how to find your inner villain and choose the right story, outfit, minions, or lair to fit you.  It reminded me a lot of a book Gru might read.

A BOOK SET ON A DIFFERENT PLANET

I accidentally went a week ahead and got a book for Hermione for this prompt but she has not read a "a book about a villain" yet but she did read Cosmic by Frank Cottrell Boyce.  I didn't really get her opinion on it but it was fun to get a recommendation from our librarian for a last minute change in reading plans.





Progress:  13/40 & 0/10  
Newbery Challenge Points: 9 points (Goal is 15)
Ramona Quimby, Age 8- 2pt.
A Fine White Dust- 2pt.
The Inquisitor's Tale- 2pt. 
The Snowy Day- 1pt.
Afternoon of the Elves- 2pt.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........