The Great American Read: Day 5 Anne of Green Gables

There is no question in my mind that I love this book!  Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery is a book full of hope, imagination, and if a book can be a bosom friend this one would be it.

I watched the 1985 Anne of Green Gables movie hundreds of times, but I wouldn't really recommend Netflix "Anne with an E" as it is really dark and I don't know what in the world the producers were thinking with the story.  I have only read the book within the past 5 years.  I still haven't read the rest of the series, but this book just gives me all the feels.  For a refresher I read  the chapter where Rachel Lynde says, "Her hair is as red as carrots!"  Oh!  Anne!  Let me give you a hug!  You are so beautiful!  Red hair is amazing!  I will be your bosom friend!  These are the things I want to shout when I read this.




If you haven't read this book- read this book!  It is gentle.  It is not in your face.  It is a simple time.  You will love Anne and want to be her friend too.  #VOTEGables The Great American Read

The copy of the book I have is actually a copy I took from cleaning out my father-in-law's house so it might actually belong to my sisters-in-law (sh! don't tell them!).  It came in a complete box set so I will get to read the rest of the books some day.  I actually remember reading Anne of the Island for a book report when I was young but I felt like it was too old fashioned for me at the time even though I still loved the movies.  Now I can't wait to revisit these books.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........