The Great American Read: Day 7 1984

1984 by George Orwell- I have read this book only once about 10 years ago.  I remember very little about it except I remember I loved it.  For the most part I really love speculative worlds or dystopian fictions like Hunger Games, The Giver, and Fahrenheit 451 so it isn't surprising that I do love this one.

But this is what I do remember: a bleak world, changing words, Big Brother, and the RATS.  I think I asked myself what my ultimate fear would be, but I don't think I came up with a concrete answer.  I wish I had time to reread it or at least skim some but I was pretty busy today. 

I took a really silly picture of what I remember from the real 80s- the side ponytail.  I know it has little to do with the novel but I thought it was fun.

#VOTE1984

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........