The Great American Read: Day 21 The Chronicles of Narnia

So here goes!  My greatest shame as a reader, a previous homeschooler, and Christian- I have never read all the books in The Chronicles of Narnia series (ducks and hides).  I know I know- it is almost a crime.  I EVEN took a class in college on C.S. Lewis and STILL managed to get out of reading those all those delightful books.  To be fair I was slightly scarred by my first introduction to C.S. Lewis which were the BBC beavers.







LOOK!!!  Aren't those things terrifying!?!  I was some what traumatized and never did pick up the books as a child.  We might have had an audio version but my brother was actually into it more than I was at least that is how I remember it.  Fantasy wasn't really my thing either.  I almost feel like I never actually sat down and read the books but I had heard the stories over and over again so that it felt like I read it.  I know for absolute certain I have read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe because I read it with the my middle daughter a few years ago.  Just last year I thought I might try again but still didn't get all the way through- I read The Magician's Nephew, Prince Caspian, and nearly the whole The Horse and His Boy.  I even got jewelry from Fandom of the Month blog entry and a confusing blog entry on how I was trying to read the book and cross stitch the Penvensie children.  In short, I did go to Goodwill in an attempt to find the book with all the books in it so I could read it to our own Lucy and I woulnd't have to worry about loosing all the books.  I thought it might motivate me to read the whole series- FINALLY. 

Look!  I found it AND I finished the cross stitch!

Wardrobe Necklace and pouch

Our Lucy with a "lamppost" and Aslan
My husband named our youngest daughter Lucy after the Lucy in The Chronicles of Narnia so he really likes the books.  I will read these books.  I really did love The Magician's Nephew and I think I would benefit best from reading these in chronological order.  I am also doing this post to honor Lucy- she graduated from Kindergarten today!  So that is exciting and now I will share these books with her and her sisters.  #VoteNarnia I voted for it because I know it is awesome even if I didn't get to finish the whole series.  There is bravery, temptations, forgiveness, and family bonding in these books and I haven't fully appreciated it till now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........