The Great American Read: Day 48 Another Country

Before I watched The Great American Read I had never heard of this book Another Country by James Baldwin.  I also couldn't seem to find it at my library.  It was on hold at the library and I was wanting for about a month before it finally showed up.  I had a feeling this one would be one of the hardest books to find especially learning what this book is about: (quoted from goodreads)  "(this is a novel) of passions-- sexual, racial, political, artistic-- that is stunning for its emotional intensity..."  Hum...well I don't know when I will be "in the mood" for this book, but I decided to at least get another person's perspective.







This seems like the kind of book where I would benefit from discussing with other people with a wider world perspective.  I am curious but since I am very behind on this project in general I will stick with The Help till I can get in some more serious reading time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........