The Great American Read: Day 54 Looking for Alaska

Looking for Alaska by John Green is a Young Adult novel, but I know very little about it.  I have, however, recently read my first John Green book though Turtles All the Way Down which I thought was alright or fairly average for a story but the main character I did thoroughly enjoyed.  John Green also said that The Catcher and the Rye is one of his favorite books (which I finally finished and hated) so I have mixed feelings going into this book.  I do enjoy John Green's Youtube channel Crash Course and he seems likeable.  We will see what I think about this book.  I made it to only 7 pages but I am enjoying the main character, Miles.  One of the kids who graduated recently from high school and use to attend our youth group told me he picked up this book thinking it was going to be about an adventure in Alaska and he told me Alaska is the name of a girl- hahaha! mean trick John Green.  So at least I am not led astray by the title. 


I was looking for Crater Lake (not Alaska) but couldn't seem to find it in all the smoke from the fires down in southern Oregon.  This is a book I own and got from Goodwill. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........