The Great American Read: Day 55 Ready Player One

I am super excited about this book!!!!  Ready Player One by Ernest Cline is a book that has been on my TBR pile for nearly 3 years.  At one time my husband owned the book but lent it to someone and just when I thought I was ready to read it- I found out we didn't have that book any more and he couldn't remember who he had lent it to.  It happens.  So my husband bought me my own copy!  I was told this book is chalked full of 80s references.  They 80s was when I began my life so they hold a special place for me.  I got more reading done from this book than any other book I took on the trip (50 pages worth) so you know it must be good.  Basically this book is about a future where just about everyone is connected in a virtual world called OASIS and the creator of this system has died but left clues (like Easter eggs in video games) and the person who finds all the keys will get his fortune.  It sounds like a mix of Mr. Lemoncello's library and Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.  I hope this is the next book I get to finish after The Help but with how behind I am on this project I have no idea what book will be next- surprise, surprise.





 We were in Ashland, OR when I started the book- I got me a new book marker.  As I said I own this book but at the very least I am getting back to this book in memory of my great friend Jason Taylor who would have loved this book.  He was a huge 80s and video game fan.  He was going to teach me how to play and now with this book it feels like he is here teaching me.

For you- Jason Taylor- I miss you, every day.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........