The Great American Ready: Day 56 Their Eyes Were Watching God

I am finally officially back from our trip and it is the first Reverse Readathon which is also my first read-a-thon where I am signed up with the Facebook group.  The first read-a-thon I ever did was in April this year and it was so much fun so when I heard that Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon was having a BRAND NEW event this summer I was wigging out!!!  Especially with all the catch up I have to do to be on track with The Great American Read List.  If I did my math right (which is questionable but I try to make the effort) I am about 9 books behind (I should be on book 65 today).

So these next few posts will probably be pretty short.  Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neal Hurston is about a black girl growing up into a woman who goes through a lot of men and heartbreak to find her identity.  It sounds sort of sad.  I will pull up a quick video summary.







I was assured by my fellow read-a-thon participants that this is a good book, but it was tough for me at first so I switched to Youtube audio book as the reader can read the dialect better than I can and it sounds more real though a little flowery for my taste.  I do not own this book it is from the library and as short as this book is I do not think I will be getting through much of it because I am already 5 min. late to post on the next book.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........