The Great American Read: Day 66 The Great Gatsby

I know I said I don't hate books- at least not MANY books- often I feel like I am pretty generous with my starring system on Goodreads, but The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald is a book I really, really hate.  I hate this book for so many reasons- it was assigned in high school and college, it was boring, depressing, I didn't understand it, too much "symbolism' and greed and debauchery left me grasping for an unseen hope and left me depressed.  It confuses me to frustration that this is a classic.  I have wondered from time to time whether I should retry this book, but I haven't been in the mood to torture myself lately (thank goodness for that).  So....could YOU tell me why I should care about this book?  Why is this a classic?  Teach me again because I obviously didn't get it from the two classes I had to read this book for  BTW it is fun to read negative reviews for this book.





The Great Gatsby can have my stinky feet.  I don't own this book for obvious reasons.  Maybe I will retry but most likely not.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........