Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........

This year is wrapping up quite quickly and I still have about 11 books left to read.  By this time last year I was probably freaking out and trying to fill in the prompts with more kid's books, but I have taken on the attitude this year of- "If I finish I finish, if not I am just carrying the books over to the next year."  Last week I didn't update because I was on Women's Retreat with my church.  I had a slim hope of trying to get a little reading in, but it VERY much didn't happen.  BUT the Popsugar 2019 Challenge came out over last weekend.  It took all my will power to wait till the end of the last retreat session NOT to look it over and start making my list for next year.  Since then, though, I have been mildly working on a new list/plan for next year.  I have too much actual reading to do, though, to spend a lot of time on it. 

So here goes nothing...and by that I mean I finished no books this week.  I just keep adding to the pile and reading snippets here and there.  In fact, I can't believe I have started 2 more books that fulfill NO prompts whatsoever.  I am so funny!  Any way, we'll see if I can motivate my kids to do another mini-readathon over Thanksgiving break.  I want to rant about how much I just want to read instead of do "Thanksgiving" but I won't. 

I am kinda celebrating in my own way by reading Mayflower by Nathaniel Philbrick.  It is a very interesting read even though I think I watched a documentary on much of it just a couple years ago.  I am hoping it will pick up with some new information for me about King Philip's War as the book progresses.  I am reading this book for the prompt- "Microhistory".





HERMIONE'S READING

I haven't had a whole lot of time to ask my kids about their personal readings but I know I picked this one for Hermione for the prompt "a book that is also a stage play or musical".  


ARIANA'S READING

We finished the 3rd Harry Potter book and are now reading together The Loser's Club.  I think I thought this book would be more appropriate for Hermione because she loves reading more than my other two but Ariana has been feeling a little left out lately and I really want all my kids to have a love of reading so I hope this book stirs up some fun conversations.


LUCY'S READING

I think our unspoken goal is to read all the Junie B. Jones books before 1st grade is over.  We just finished Junie B. Jones, First Grader Cheater Pants and started Junie B. Jones, First Grader (at last).  Also we have been reading The Critter Club Books. 










I guess I am getting in a lot of 1st grade reading in now if only it were easier to match some of them with a prompt.  On goodreads I have officially read 131 books so that is a pretty good reason not be too hard on myself about not complete the Popsugar book challenge by the end of the year- at least I think so. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does