Scatter Brained and Going Off Schedule

I have officially gone way off my intended schedule but no matter- I read ever on!

For the prompt in the advanced part of the list "a book about a problem facing society" I went soft.  I couldn't narrow it down and technically stuck to the original planned title for the challenge.  Over the weekend I finished Hands Free Mama by Rachel Macy Staffor.  I figured one of the problems facing society is how many moms I see whipping out their phones constantly and not even paying attention to their kids.  I know.  I shouldn't really judge.  Maybe they are all taking pictures or maybe this has been this particular moms first down time in ages, but I know I suffer from checking my status likes and other things even though I am using a computer.


This book wasn't super special.  Just a blog turned into a book so it was repetitive.  I could have done with out all the crying.  The author is always on the verge of tears.  I, myself, had a few ranges of emotion while I read this book.  I don't think there is anything that I don't already do in the book.  I guess I will just be a little more aware about putting away my computer and having fun with my girls.

HERMIONE
For the prompt "microhistory" Hermione is reading Terrible, Typhoid Mary by Susan Campbell Bartoletti.  She is now freaked out about eating ice cream.




Together we are reading Absolutely Truly by Heather Vogel Frederick and I am loving it. It is about a girl named Truly who has to move to a small town in New Hampshire and finds a mysterious letter.  I can't wait to keep reading it.  We will probably be reading it well into Christmas.


ARIANA
We are JUST about to wrap up Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling.  So now I am not sure what it is next.  I forgot to put something on hold for her so I think whatever the library has from the 3rd-5th Grade OBOB will be fine.  Also we have the book Freedom Over Me which we need to read together and it will get me more points for the Newbery Challenge.





LUCY 
Lucy has got her first reading Bingo Challenge from school.  I was more excited about it then she was but she is warming up to the idea after she remembered she could do her own read-a-thon just like mommy.  We are close to her first Bingo but I will be, of course, encouraging a Black Out.




Some books she and I have read together for this:

I read this book then she read this book.


A favorite Read Aloud

A favorite from my childhood


Dinosaurs on the moon- for some reason- we should have started with book #1

Lucy has planned her mini read-a-thon for Monday, November 5 after school.  So if you would like to cheer her on or be thinking about her that would be great.  I love reading but you never know for sure about what you will pass on to your kids.

I may not be able to post next week as I will leaving Friday for a retreat but that also means I will have a lot of reading done for my next post whenever that may be so stay tuned! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........