Jane Austen Summer Book Club

Summer break is official here in my part of Oregon and the world is still spinning despite all the turmoil out there.  I am most determined to not let this swallow me whole.  I don't really watch news any more and I have to focus on what I can do and not what I can't, which has been a big life struggle in general to be honest.  Some days things hit me really hard and other days it can be hard to get me down no matter what.  But right now I am going to continue with my Jane Austen summer buddy reading PLUS I have new project, of course!

Here is the list broken up by weeks:

Week 1 (June 1-6) *already past*

Jane Austen's Dragons by Maria Grace

Week 2 (June 7-13)


The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner

Week 3 (June 14-20)


Pirates and Prejudice by Kara Louise

Week 4 (June 21-27)


Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors by Sonali Dev

Week 5 (June 28-July 4)


Ayesha at Last by Uzma Jalaluddin

Week 6 (July 5-11)


Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange

Week 7 (July 12-18)


Undeceived: Pride and Prejudice in the Spy Game by Karen M. Cox

Week 8 (July 19-25)


Disenchanted by Kara Pleasants

Week 9 (July 26-August 1)

Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld

Week 10 (August 2-8)


First Impressions by Debra White Smith

Week 11 (August 9-15)


Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik

Week 12 (August 16-22)


Pride and Butterflies by Franky A. Brown

Week 13 (August 24-29)


Definitely, Maybe in Love by Ophelia London

Join in if you would like- I posted this a bit late but you can jump right in with Week 3 Pirates and Prejudice.  I try to post my reviews on the Fridays of said week.  I am buddy reading with a friend and we try to discuss the books on Saturday. 

New project??  Why, yes, of course!!!  I am teaching my kids about Jane Austen!  I found this book and had to order it as soon as I could.



I am trying to keep it low key- no pressure.  We meet together for about 15 minutes a day and read a few pages.  We have already come across the first two activities which I can't wait to share with you when we can do them.  We are going to have a Regency tea and create our own coat of arms! 

This will be on top of our regular library summer reading program which is online now, but I will post about that another time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Jane Austen's Dragon Series