The Scariest Thing At the Langsathers

We know it isn't Halloween.  My kids don't care.  This week I didn't have my Library List prepared so I let the kids go crazy and pick whatever they wanted.  I usually let them pick some thing on their own, but I also pick things for them as well.  It seems like every time I let them go wild picking books they pick books that are holiday themed (not around the time of said holiday).

This one is so much fun!  There maybe some of you who don't celebrate Halloween or have a big thing against ghosts, witches, werewolves, and mummies (all are in the book), but we try to explain what each of these things are to our girls because people around them are going to talk about them.  My girls actually know about aliens and zombies, too. I am not going to go into a huge debate post about whether or not Christians should celebrate Halloween.  I honestly think there are more important things to discuss for the most part.  If this is a personal stumbling block with you I do not recommend this book to you and your kids.

This book starts off with a vampire bat who continually says he is scarier than all the other things in the castle and ends with him being scared himself by all the other scary things (spiders, ghosts, witches, mummies etc).  He is no longer the scariest thing in the castle, but the cutest thing in the castle.  We love the repetition.  Ariana likes to be scared and sounds absolutely adorable when she says, "Who? Me? Cute?"

Some comments made while reading this book:  
"The bat is biting the werewolf!"- Ariana (yeah, it kinda looked like it was)

"What are you scared of?"-Mom
"Skeletons and witches."-Hermione
"Dragons and dinosaurs."-Ariana

There were more comments and we have more to say but for the life of me I can not remember.  I was just so excited to post my first real review that I have forgotten some things.    



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........