...And Now Miguel... and the Langsathers

We have been reading all sorts of books over here and, of course, have not been able to update or have any regular posts.  Our Internet went down some time in November, I think, and with the holidays and birthdays all over the place it was not a priority to get it up and running.  Plus it was not something I could personally do anything about since we share the Internet with the church property (that is a different story so I will stick the topics). 


Lucy, who is 14 months old today, is BOOKISH!  I am so excited because of all three of my girls you can tell she holds books correctly, points to them at bedtime like she knows what time it is, and has only ripped one page thus far.  I have always been big on reading to my girls from birth on.  We go to the library every week.  We are not short on books over here.  But my oldest, though she would listen to me read and had endless patience, seemed to think books were things to eat.  She shredded many baby books back to there original cardboard design.  Plus we didn't know how horrible her eye sight was until fairly recent so she may not have been able to see all that clearly the pictures, letters, or even me holding the books upright for all I know.  Now that she has glasses and is learning some words I think she will like to read.  Ariana loves to look at books and "read".  But that wasn't always the case.  When she was a year old she would much rather play than read.  I have to admit that Lucy doesn't really like to sit and listen to the stories but she picks up books on her own, looks through them, and points at things.  It is just fun to see her developing.  Her favorites so far have been Jan Brett illustrations, The Alphabet Book by P.D. Eastman, and Gossie (which also use to be Hermione's favorite that we rescued from her teeth).   

As for myself, I am reading ...And Now Miguel.   I have decided to just stick with the recommendations on Goodreads instead of looking all over for lists I like and what not.  It is just easier that way.  So far I have really been connecting with how sheep are like people because as a Christian I know the Bible says that "All we like sheep have gone astray."  It really makes me think about how people are just followers like sheep.  This book would probably be really boring to someone who could not make that connection and I hope to keep reading it.

I can't make any promises here but I have to keep trying to post.  I think it really makes me feel better even if it is just once in awhile. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........