Ester Ried

Mom is reading Ester Ried by Isabella MacDonald Alden.  This is the book currently being read on BBN as a Christian Classic.  Thought I would give it a try.  One minute reviews of what I have read so far- Chapters 1-8:



-Ester is looking for something awesome to happen in her life and she gets to go to New York City!
-I can totally see this as a modern movie.
-I can't figure out what time period exactly this was written for but I really enjoy trying to make it modern in my head.  

Girls are reading:




We only have 2 more chapters to finish!  They have done a very good job of listening to this.  Hermione enjoyed the Christmas story.  After we finish this we are going to start watching the show and I am going to see if we can read the next one.
Hermione can actually read these.  I remember growing up with these stories.  It is so much fun to see her read these and really apply God and Jesus to normal everyday life.  These are old-fashioned though, but still awesome to me and the lessons are never really old.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........