Brought to you by the Letter L, DNA, and Goosebumps

This week Lucy and I have been studying the letter L.  Much like last week- nothing too exciting- she has been like a roller coaster when it comes to "doing" school.  I don't like to push it too much at this age because learning should be fun, but she has been pretty crazy.  Her attention span has been about 2 minutes lately.  I am not complaining but it sure makes teaching pretty much all over the place.  She did sit long enough to make a letter L out of blocks so...progress.  



Ariana has been learning about DNA and reviewing organelles.  We did a fun activity to teach how DNA sends messages to make different characteristics on dogs.  We are on Day 78 of Year One Easy Peasy.  We even got Lucy to participate.  I had to draw the dogs so don't make fun of them (my kids did enough of that already).  It is hard to get them to be confident.  I don't know where all the insecurity comes from *cough *cough probably myself.  Any way, that gives me a lot to think about and pray about.  Here are some pictures:


Ariana's DNA strips put together a dog (on the left) with a small, thin, straight body, droopy head, big droopy ears, short stubby legs, light brown eyes, short nub tail, red-brown coat, and short curly fur.  We think it looks like poodle and dachshund mix.  Lucy's DNA strips put together a dog (on the right) with a large, muscular, straight body, short head, big droopy years, short stubby legs, green eyes, long short haired tail, brown coat, and long straight fur.  I don't know what it is- probably a mutt- but we thought it was super cute.  



Hermione has been really REALLY into Goosebumps the book series and the TV show and the new movie.  I still haven't read one, but we have watched MANY episodes on Netflix.  I find them mildly disturbing but she loves them and I can't fault her too much.  I am sure my mom thought my Baby-sitter Club obsession was a little over the top too.  
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........