Spider Web Soup

This week for our cooking class we made Spider Web Soup from our October Raddish Box theme Fright Night Feast.  Ariana is getting better at chopping veggies!  It is still hard to chop onions because- ouch!- they make your eyes burn and water.  We tried goggles but she said, "They did nothing!"  Ah!  That reminds me of a Simpson's episode.  Any way, on this recipe card we also learned how to make basic soups, the nutrition of black beans, and the science of spider webs.  



This recipe was fun, but the sour cream web made my daughter nervous about getting it wrong so I ended up having to do that part.  She is excited to make it again because 

 
Taste: Ariana said this was the best thing ever!!!  She even ate Hermione's and Lucy's share because they still wouldn't eat much because they said they don't like beans.  I thought it was also delicious especially for beans because sometimes those are hard to get tasty sometimes.  


Lucy's favorite part of the boxes is Table Talk.  One of the questions this time was to describe your favorite Halloween costume.  I had a great number of costumes to chose from.  If you know me I love costumes.  My favorite costume is my Harry Potter one but I still need more parts to make it a better costume like a scarf and tie.  Hermione said her best costume is the one for this year although she doesn't even have a costume yet though her idea is to dress up like a pirate.  Ariana tried to describe the costume she wants this year but it didn't make much sense.  Lucy also described her costume she already has for this year- Super Girl.  We didn't have any soup leftover like I thought we would, but Ariana decided to make another batch for Halloween.  Yum!  Can't wait! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........