Book Catch Up

Finally back from vacation and didn't get a whole lot of reading done, but that's okay.  It never fails that I bring so many books with me because of my irrational fear of running out of things to read- even with my new Kindle.  I could have got a little more reading done if I wasn't filled with nervous, anxiety about 75% of the time.  I was nervous that the car wouldn't make it.  I was anxious about what we were doing on the missions trip.  I was nervous about seeing my family after such a long time.  I was anxious about how they would act.  I was big bundle of stress most of the time.  Don't get me wrong though, I had a great time and I didn't have to cook.  I don't think I was ever hungry the entire trip- a big plus in my books.  You can see my post about my trip on my other blog.  But reading challenge took a bit of a hit so we will see where it puts me. 

Recently finished:


I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter.  This was for the prompt "an espionage thriller".  I knew I wasn't going to be able to do a serious espionage thriller so this YA book was a pretty good compromise.  I liked it but it wasn't anything super special.  I liked the idea for sure- spy girls, spy school- fun times.   



I LOVED THIS BOOK.  I love Jim Gaffigan.  It made me watch all his stand up on Netflix.  This book is probably 2/3rds his comedy so not much new- but that definitely didn't matter to me.  It really lightened up my vacation and it would have made me hungry if I wasn't so strained during my time away from home.  "It's all McDonald's of the soul."   

So yeah- only two books.  I spent much of my day yesterday trying to figure out how to catch up. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

The Great American Read: Day 3 A Prayer for Owen Meany