Mom's Reading Corner- running on caffeine




Pride and Prejudice and Zombies for "a book from a genre/subgenre that you've never heard of"- in this case this is a subgenre called Manner Punk.  I wasn't exactly sure what to expect but it was entertaining and I enjoyed it. 







The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto for "a book that takes place over a character's lifespan"- I finally finished this.  I had read at least 80-90 percent of it last year but I had to return it to the library and it is actually a pretty big book (over 500 pages).  I like it but one also another reason I had to stop was it started become less and less believable.  Glad I could finish it and count it for the challenge. 





Candle in the Darkness for "a book I got at a used book sale"- technically bought at the used bookstore but it was around the time of the sale day so I am counting it.  I love Lynn Austin so I knew this was going to be awesome I just wish I had time to read the rest of the series. 





I also went a little crazy by adding this series in but I couldn't stand that I have been wanting to read them for so long and if I read the 3rd one I will have finished a current series before my daughter- she doesn't really care but she reads so fast and I feel like I am left behind in the fun of children's literature.  Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library is for "a book with an eccentric character" and, yes, Mr. Lemoncello totally counts.  I guess I am counting these as one book but the other 2 I haven't completely finished yet.  I told you- I am a little bit crazy and I have a lot of reading to do. 

Lunch Date with Hermione

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Scatter Brained and Going Off Schedule