Russian Folklore Reads

This week I finished 2 books, both had elements of Russian fairy tales, I enjoyed both:






The Door by the Staircase by Katherine Marsh:  I read this book for the Oregon Battle of the Books to my children (in case they ever want to participate) and I used it for my prompt "book with a cat on the cover".  I originally had been using Emily of New Moon for a book with a cat on the cover, but since I still need to fill a few prompts by the end of the year I did some rearranging.  This was a sweet book, it had its slow moments but it had a very nice ending. 





The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden- whoa I just realized both books were authored by women named Katherine- any way, this book I read for the prompt "a book involving a mythical creature".  This book had many more than one mythical creature, it was interesting and I had mixed feelings over the whole message but in the end I loved the main character too much to fault it. 

So far in the Popsugar challenge I am:  32/40 and 3/12 or 35/52 overall.  I have a plan so I know I can do this! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........