Favorite Color

MOM'S READING

This week we were suppose to choose books with our favorite color in the title.  It wasn't for lack of books, but I certainly wasn't in the mood for the books I had as potentials: The Red Tent by Anita Diamont, Red Rising by Pierce Brown, Red Velvet Cupcake Murder by Joanne Fluke, and Red Clocks by Leni Zumas were just a handful of titles I was leaning towards.  I tried The Red Tent but it was too similar to a book I had recently read.  The Red Clocks only just came out so I knew I wouldn't have time to finish it this week, but I will put both on the maybe pile and see if I get any extra time for either, but I am wouldn't call it good chances.  Needless to say I kinda moved on to next week's prompt only intending to get a general idea of what the story would be about got sucked in and read over half of the book already!  Oops!  Oh well!  So I kinda cheated as you will see when I get to Read Alouds.

Popsugar Stats: 2/40 & 0/10  Newbery Stats: 2 points (goal is at least 15 points)

HERMIONE'S READING

Hermione's favorite color is silver so that automatically had me thinking The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis.  She said she WILL read it.  But she has still been reading last week's book so I guess we are both struggling a little.


ARIANA'S READING

Ariana's favorite color is pink.  But she is not really doing this challenge and she is my reluctant reader.  She would much rather be playing games on her Kindle Fire or watching Youtube videos.  But she is reading something so that's good.  It has pink on the cover so there is that.







LUCY'S READING

Lucy's favorite color is yellow.  I successful found two super cute yellow books.






READ ALOUD

This is a tiny bit cheating but I am deciding to count this read aloud as my favorite color prompt.

See!  It has RED in the title- at least it is the series name!  Any way this is what we started reading and I was so not feeling my other choices this will have to be the one.  I am totally okay with that.  I love a good kid's mystery book. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........