Heist

MOM'S READING

This week is Heist week.  I didn't want to over think this prompt because it seemed like it should just be a light read- and it certainly was!  I read The Heist by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg.  It was so fun.  It was a light, slightly, outrageous book but totally kept me entertained.  I chuckled for a good bit about a lot of it.  It came at the perfect time coming off of the heavy Girl with the Dragon Tattoo which took me a lot longer to finish then originally planned.





 Popsugar reading stats: 4/40 & 0/10
 
HERMIONE'S READING

This was a slightly difficult prompt to fulfill, but I was able to get some suggestions.  Hermione is actually a little behind this week.  She is still reading The Silver Chair but next week is a gimme week so she will catch up no problem.  Here are a couple of books I had for choices.  





Thanks to my friend Heather for this suggestion





PICTURE BOOKS WITH ARIANA AND LUCY

I am going to loosely tie in the theme of heist with winter picture books because winter "robs" a lot of joy and warmth from the world.  See?  I can make it fit.



This also counts as a point for my Newbery Challenge!





 
NEWBERY CHALLENGE

I managed to finish one book, A Fine White Dust by Cynthia Rylant, and start another one, The Inquisitor's Tale by Adam Gidwitz.


in a pinch could also count as "book with ugly cover"- just a personal thought





A Fine White Dust (intense emotions, dealt with disappointment, questions religion, and has really open ended conclusion)- I wasn't expecting this short book to give me so much pause but it was a thought provoking read.  It was surprising to say the least. 

Only just started The Inquisitor's Tale and it is 3x as long as the last book so I might not be done with it for awhile.  It is already really fun.  I am enjoying this style. 

Newbery Stats:  5 points (goal: 15)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........