A Novel Based on a Real Person

MOM'S READING




This was not my first choice, but a series of circumstances led me to this book Gods and Kings by Lynn Austin.  It is based on the life of King Hezekiah.  I am not completely done but I enjoy it.  It isn't amazing but it is a good story.  I have read 2 other books by Lynn Austin and have found her to be one of my favorites.  This wasn't totally disappointing but it wasn't the same as her other books.  This book didn't seem to have much to work with especially when you are basing characters off of people from the Bible- that has got to be tough to write.

Progress: 8/40 & 0/10

HERMIONE'S READING



I broadened the prompt by letting biographies count even though I don't know if they do technically but we get to make up the rules so it counts.  Hermione says she learned that he wasn't successful in the beginning and he was once paid with 100s of razors and nail clippers- that was her favorite.

READ ALOUD

Since this is the first official week of Lent I am reading to the girls about Christian heroes.  Conveniently we had such a book.

  

We haven't read much of it yet and the girls are asking a million questions while we are reading so at the very least we will generate discussion. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........