Book about Feminism and Extra Unrelated Reading

MOM'S READING

My Popsugar Group read for the month of March is The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.  It is to fit the prompt "a book about feminism".  I was looking forward to this one because it is considered a classic and I was really curious about it.  It is turning out to be interesting but, for me, not very believable.  The speculation is fascinating though.
 



HERMIONE'S READING

Even though I didn't tell her or help her pick this book for the "book about feminism" I have seen her currently reading Matilda by Roald Dahl.  I have seen this book on a few feminism for kids lists and I think it is so great that it worked out so well when we have been too busy to reconnect.  Hermione says her favorite part was when Matilda starts reading hard books.  I haven't even read this book so I am going to put it on my "want to read" list now. 

 

PICTURE BOOKS

Nothing special about the picture books we read this week and to be honest I didn't even really like them or find them particularly engaging.  
I like the title of this book.



Lucy liked looking for all the caterpillars in this one.



My husband actually had the stuffed bear this older book is based off of-  I'll see if I can I add a picture of it later.

 

EXTRA READING

I was able to pick up a book from our church library just to tide me over till I get back on track.  It is called The Chance by Karen Kingsbury.  Right away the main character is listening to the Backstreet Boys so that takes me back.  I haven't gotten very far but it will be a light read.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

The Great American Read: Day 3 A Prayer for Owen Meany