Different Ethnicity and Culture Reading

MOM'S READING

This week for "a book by an author that is a different ethnicity than you" I really wanted to revisit an old favorite from college days- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan.  I remember this being the most down to earth and approachable book I read in college.  It didn't feel like it was trying too hard with symbolism and confusing with too hard words.  I loved learning about Chinese culture and mother/daughter relationships.  I am enjoying just as much the second time around.





Popsugar Progress:  16/40 & 0/10

HERMIONE'S READING

Sticking with the Asian theme I picked out Where the Mountain Meets the Moon and Starry River of the Sky both by Grace Lin.  I don't know for sure which one she will read.  I haven't seen here pick up either one just yet.








ARIANA and LUCY

We have mostly been reading more Junie B. Jones books but Lucy did find some new books she likes and has been super excited about.  This week she even said to me, "Guess what?  I have the most amazing news.  I love to read now!!!"  That is one of the most exciting things as a mom and lover of all thing literary.




   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........