Mental Health

I don't know if this is even worth a post as I have barely started it and I haven't even gotten Hermione's book yet.  I realized the reason I have been so busy is because I just joined TWO Bible studies which also counts as reading but not for the challenge.










MOM'S READING






My group voted for Turtles All the Way Down by John Green.  All I have gotten out of it so far is that the main character likes Dr. Pepper and has brain spirals and there is a mystery millionaire missing.  Sounds interesting- I am listening to it on audio book and have only got through the first disc.

I hope I find more time to read but for now I am still surprisingly on schedule.
Progress:  18/40 &  0/10

HERMIONE'S READING

I ended up looking up books for this because I wasn't sure what to look for or what would count.  I found- this and I think it had some great suggestions that work.  I just picked the first one because deciding is hard for me.




ARIANA'S READING





We are reading Magic Tree House books right now.

LUCY'S READING




We are reading more Critter Club Ellie's Lovely Idea.  

NEWBERY CHALLENGE




 I read One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia for the Read-a-thon a couple weeks ago.  This was such an eye opening book about 3 sisters and a mom (who is just not great- to put it nicely) and the summer they spend in 1960s San Fransisco/Oakland area during the height of the Black Panther movement.



Newbery Challenge Points: 11 points (Goal is 15)
Ramona Quimby, Age 8- 2pt.
A Fine White Dust- 2pt.
The Inquisitor's Tale- 2pt. 
The Snowy Day- 1pt.
Afternoon of the Elves- 2pt.  
One Crazy Summer- 2pt.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........