The Great American Read: Day 2 The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Here we are on Towel Day.  Yes, I know where my towel is and I will not panic.  If I had planned better I would have had this book ready.  I also thought we owned this book but I could not find it.  Neil said he might have loaned it out.  In any case, my picture for the day includes some version of the audio book and my towel. 





I was first introduced to Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in college by my excellent friend the late Jason Taylor (God, I miss him).  I have to be honest.  I wasn't completely sold on it and read it multiple times to see if I had missed something.  It has grown on me.  It is silly and funny and has that British dry humor feeling.  I voted for it today in honor of my friend.  It isn't one of my favorites but it reminds me of craziness of college and how we would sit debating on how to start a Douglas Adams lit class.  One day I will try another one of the books in this series.  

Since I have already read this book I am continuing The Count of Monte Cristo.  But I will be taking a break tomorrow and try something brand new from the list. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

The Great American Read: Day 3 A Prayer for Owen Meany