The Great American Read: Day 3 A Prayer for Owen Meany

Now we are beginning with a book I had never heard of until recently on an episode of Brooklyn Nine Nine when Jake meets his half-sister for the first time and they are comparing bad dad stories.  His sister Kate says, "He came to visit once and hooked up with my mom's entire book club.  She can't see a copy of A Prayer for Owen Meany without fully weeping."  Jake replies, "I don't know what that is."  Well neither did I, Jake, neither did I till The Great American Read List came out.

I probably won't have time for this book, but the reviews I have read for it sound interesting and I was very intrigued to find out about the faith aspect of this book.  I only read a couple pages but it seems similar to Walker Percy (which I didn't really like), but hopefully this book will be more relatable to me if and when I get a chance to really get into it.

A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving









A Prayer for Owen Meany joined me at the breakfast table this morning.  Saturdays are the hardest days to find time for reading because everyone is home after a long week of school but it should get easier once summer officially starts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........