The Great American Read: Day 6 Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll is absolutely mad.  Now I did say I was going to try to stick with the books but it is hard to just stick with books when usually your first experience with the characters from said book were from a movie.  The Disney version is mad but not as bat insane crazy as some of the MANY MANY movies and made for tv versions as I have tried to watch.  I still have not seen the most recent one either.  My middle daughter loved the Disney animated version so much before we had streaming I told her it broke the VHS player (this is only partially true).

But all this to say I haven't actually sat down and read the book.  It was always too crazy, too loud, too insane, too trippy, and no plot and no morals.  These are the things I kinda have to have in my stories at least a GOOD story should have those things.  So here I am reading it for the very first time as it is a very short book.  It shouldn't take me too long to get through.  As long as I think of it as a dream I am not going to be too critical of it.

I do own a copy of this book.  I am cautious because I don't want to read an abridged or adapted version so I wasn't sure if the copy I owned was abridged or adapted- come to find out the book is much shorter than I had at first thought.  But I grabbed a copy from the library any way and I haven't found my own copy yet.  For a bookworm I am not very organized with my books.

I liked the funny angle of the picture because it looks like I am falling into the book which should be Alice approved



What would reading Alice be like without a Mad Tea Party?

On a side note I actually love the name Alice.  My late paternal grandmother's name is Alice. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

The Great American Read: Day 3 A Prayer for Owen Meany