The Great American Read: Day 16 Bless Me, Ultima

Finally, a book I have read!  Bless Me, Ultima by Rudolfo Anaya is a book I read in Minority Lit. class in college many years ago.  I love this book!  I am a little foggy on the details.  I remember a little boy and Ultima, which everyone makes fun of for being a witch but she is an old spiritual healer.  I remember lots of Catholic things.  But the thing I remember most is the Christmas play because it was so funny.  I reread that section today, still funny but a lot more irreverent then I remembered.





I think it goes without saying that I own this book though I haven't reread it, but maybe some day it would be fun to revisit especially with the knowledge of Catholicism now. 

Since this is a book I actually read I got to spend more time with The Count of Monte Cristo so I am at barely 60%- I was really hoping to be done by now because it has recently become a slog to get through.  I enjoy it but I also want it to be done or to get a little more gritty. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........