The Great American Read: Day 19 Charlotte's Web

After the disappointment of yesterday's book it is nice to come to a book I absolutely love.  Charlotte's Web by E.B. White is straight out of my childhood book memories.  I got my copy of this book in the picture from my mom.  She subscribed us to the Weekly Reader Books for a period of time.  I loved this book so much and I wanted Fern to be like me so I drew glasses on her because I of course wore glasses. 






If you asked me I honestly couldn't pin point why I love this book.  It might be because it feels like the all American honest place full of every day miracles I wish I could live in.  It might be because this book did something difficult- it made me love a book about animals and not just animals but "talking animals"- that is not usually a big draw for me.  It might be because I listened to someone read to me on my very own cassette tape player while I feel asleep almost every night for weeks on end.  Whatever the case maybe I will always feel a connection with this book and the movies connected to it. 





So far for The Great American Read I have Voted for this book the most (yes, even more than Harry Potter and if you don't know yet you will find out how much I love Harry Potter).  Since Little House on the Prairie is not an option I really think this SHOULD be America's Favorite book.  I know it reality it might not be up there, but if I have any say I want to say this. 





I introduced this book to my middle daughter when we were homeschooling for a short time when Ariana was in 1st grade.  We sat on the couch and cuddled up.  Lucy would sometimes join us.  But guess who also use to join us?  Real little spiders crawled out to the corners of the living room and listened to this beautiful story.  It will be a memory we can share forever. 





One last mention is the movie adaptions.  The 1973 cartoon version has songs that are catchy and make me so happy.  I use to sing "Chin Up" to my little brother to wake him up in the morning.  My husband took me to the Dakota Fanning version on our honeymoon- which was super sweet of him. 










We highly recommend reading this book.  It is Radiant, Terrific, it is SOME BOOK!!!!  Vote Charlotte's Web for The Great American Read. 








Also this book is great to start the kick off for summer reading for the kids.  We signed up today!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........