The Great American Read: Day 20 Ghost

In honor of my oldest daughter, Hermione, I will be talking about Ghost by Jason Reynolds.  She had her 5th grade promotion ceremony tonight.  We are so proud!  My oldest daughter is one of the biggest readers around, but she was having trouble with finding a book "involving sports" for our Popsugar reading challenge we have been working together on.  When I saw the book Ghost pop up on The Great American Read list I knew I had also seen it on another list.  As my daughter is such a big reader I sometimes get s few reading suggests from Oregon Battle of the Books and Ghost was on the list for next school year and right in time for my daughter to up her reading level game! 

This is how you can find Hermione most of the time, hiding behind a book.






All I knew about this book was that it was about a boy who is reluctant to join the Track Team even though he can run really fast (he prefers basketball).  I read about 50 pages and I can be certain that I would like this book.  It deals with tough issues and I am excited to hear what Hermione will say about it.  This book seemed like a slightly random one on the list but also nice to share with my daughter. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........