The Great American Read: Day 23 The Giver

So here we are on the last day of school and I had to spend it running around looking for end of year teacher gifts so I didn't have much time to write a post- this one will be coming out a little late.  But I wish I could give this book justice.  I chose it for this day because teachers are some of the ultimate givers.  The Giver by Lois Lowry is one of my favorites.  I didn't read this book too long ago either.  I took it to one of those movie nights at school for the kids because I wasn't too interested in seeing Frozen for the hundredth time.  I finished the whole book that night.  This dystopian world drew me in.  I loved the ideas.  I loved the struggles of the character of Jonas.  I just love this book.  I honestly do not have the right words to tell you how much I love this book.  I gave it to my daughter, Hermione to read.  She also read it in a day.  And now she often says, "I accept your apology." in a monotone voice.  I highly recommend reading this.  Hopefully I will get to read the series, but I just love on this book.





****SPOILER***** One of the big early on draws in this book for me was knowing there was a character named Larissa (my name!) in the book.  Sadly she is only in it for a short time but still- my name is rare enough that I get a little excited seeing it in a story. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........