The Great American Read: Day 29 Frankenstein

In honor of its 200th birthday this year, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, is my book of choice today.  I have read this book at least twice and I have voted for it on The Great American Read at least 3 times so that tells you basically what I think of this book.  I really like this book.  I think I like the story behind the story even better.  Mary Shelley wrote this story as a sort of contest to see who write a scary story.  She was only 19.  I think people generally think this book is suppose to be scary but that isn't exactly the point. 

I was first assigned this book in college in an English Lit class.  I remember it was one of the first places I learned about doppelgangers (I wasn't really bright or highly educated before I reached college).  I haven't written a comprehensive review of this book.  What I really enjoyed about this book was the thought process and philosophical questions of creator and creation.  I have a fancy edition of this book that also contains many essays in it and one day I will read those.  But for now- yes, I do know that Frankenstein is the name of the scientist not the name of the monster- I hope everyone knows that by now. 

#VoteFrankenstein





Also I FINISHED The Count of Monte Cristo!  So I am a little distracted and excited about it and didn't have much time to think about this book today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

The Great American Read: Day 3 A Prayer for Owen Meany