The Great American Read: Day 32 Catch-22

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller is a classic and not just a classic but a classic war book.  War books are not my thing, but for this challenge I will give it a try.  I did, surprisingly, like Farewell to Arms and that is technically a war book, I think.  Any way, it was fun reading examples of a Catch-22.  I think the closest thing I have to a catch-22 is when I was pregnant.  To get on a state insurance plan that will cover pregnancy you have to get proof from a medical agency that you are pregnant, but to get seen by said medical agency you have to have insurance.  Do you see what I am getting at?  That is a called a catch-22.

So I cracked open this book yesterday and had a little trouble with the flow.  After going for about 20 pages I thought I could greatly benefit from an audio book experience.  Even though I started over I decided audio was the way to go.  I can see why Morgan Freeman (from The Great American Read program) said, "When you heard someone laughing while they were reading, they were reading Catch-22."

My first impressions: interesting but slightly hard for me to follow, "You're Crazy!",  I am glad I am trying something new and I want to like this so I might have to SparkNote to get the general idea of the story.  I don't own this book and it is 453 pages so it is a toss up whether I will get it done before September. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........