The Great American Read: Day 37 Great Expectations

Here we are.  I have 3 books on this list for which I feel guilty for not liking...very much....at all.  I refrain from using the word 'hate' though because I feel I should give these three books at least ONE more chance and I have not been able to find the time or the WANT to read these these works again.  This is one of those......Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.  I read this book for college.  It was painful.  It was boring.  It was not what I expected.  My expectations were great because I had read A Tale of Two Cities and I loved that book (see what I did there?).  But I don't know what happened.  Great Expectations was so drawn out and I didn't understand Pip's love for that girl that I can't remember her name.  And the creepy bride woman?  What even WAS that?  Probably symbolism that I don't get.  I also thought I owned this book but I guess I was too traumatized to keep it.  I picked it up at Goodwill just because I had to have it so I could give it another chance.  Does Wishbone do this one?  I might like that version.



Look what I found!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........