The Great American Read: Day 39 The Help

The Help by Kathryn Stockett is a book I have wanted to read for a long time now.  I have seen it just about every where and nearly all my Goodread's friends have read it.  I have seen the movie and I absolutely loved the movie, but I don't think that will take away the enjoyment of reading the book.  I really want to feel the feelings of the characters especially Minny played by the beautiful Octavia Butler in the movie version.  If you don't know this book is about black maids in the 1960s and it centers around 3 strong and courageous women.  

Impressions: I love historical fiction, this is the book for me, how can human beings treat each other this way?  I am going to love this book I just know it.  I found a new favorite quote, "Cause that's the way prayer do.  It's like electricity, it keeps things going."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........