The Great American Read: Day 40 The Hunger Games

I really like the The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  There was a bit of a controversy surrounding it in a couple circles about how horrible it is with kids killing kids, but it is a book I am debating letting my 10 year old read at the moment because she has read so much.  She could probably handle it.  In this dystopian world we have The Capital that sets up "games" that pit one boy and one girl between the ages of 12-18 from 12 districts to fight to the death.  It centers around a girl named Katniss.  She has be the closest thing to my literary equal.  Not so much in character but in thought process. 

I was introduced to these books by a girl in my husband's youth group.  She gave them to my husband to borrow and read.  I read them while he never even cracked one open.  I was hooked after the first book.  I just bought the set from Goodwill and haven't reread them, but I would love to do that.  But for now I will just have to be content with reading through the many, many books on The List that I have not read yet. 

May the odds be ever in your favor.






#VOTEHungerGames

The part with Rue is heart breaking.  I don't want to spoil it but I will include a little bit of music from the book/movie. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........