The Great American Read: Day 42 Dune

Okay, I know I just said I was going to read short books but I needed a longer book to listen to while I worked out.  Dune by Frank Herbert is a world's best selling science fiction novel.  I don't read science fiction but I wanted to enter this with an open mind especially since it is one of my husband's favorite books.  I knew it was going to be hard for me to follow and one of the only ways I was going to get through this was with an audio book.  I looked up a lot of reviews and I am watching a guide on Youtube to get a little perspective on the story.  Since I do live in Oregon and I know Herbert based some of his writings on the sand planet on his research done in Florence.  I have not had the privilege of visiting but this book will make me wish I could soon. 





The expression is for the wariness I feel about reading science fiction for the first time.  This is my husband's copy of the book. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........