The Great American Read: Day 47 Hatchet

Hatchet by Gary Paulsen is a book my oldest daughter finished sometime half way through her 5th grade year....so not too long ago.  I remember she would randomly start talking about some guy named Brian.  She told me she felt sorry for some guy named Brian but was so glad to read about his survival and how he learned how to build a fire.  Since I have been working on Newbery Award and Honor books challenge this year I am excited to read this book.  I am especially looking forward to reading a book by Gary Paulsen because this year we recently read My Life In Dog Years and I found his life to be a little sad, compelling, entertaining, and even inspiring.  Hermione highly recommends this book. 

I think I got this book from Goodwill.  I told Hermione that now I can read about Brian Robeson. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........