The Great American Read: Day 49 War and Peace

The unfortunate problem with doing a daily project such as this is that if you miss a few days they start piling up pretty fast and some books will not even get as much of a post as others especially incredibly long books such as War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.  This book is just about as long as The Count of Monte Cristo but seems a lot more intimidating almost solely because it is Russian.  My roommate in college read it and I should have given her more props for such an amazing accomplishment.  Any way this will be the second to last book I get to on The Great American Read List.  Here are a few things I watched to give me an idea about what I will be getting myself into in the far far future. 






One of the lamest and biggest reasons I want to read War and Peace is because one of the translators is named Larissa.  It is too bad Larissa is such a popular Russian name and Russian literature is so daunting to me. 





This is a library copy and NOT the one translated by Richard Pevear and Larissa Volokhonsky which is the one I would really like to get before I even try this behemoth of a book. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........