The Great American Read: Day 51 The Lovely Bones

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold- finally a book I know a little bit about because I watched the movie.  Yes, I watched the movie but never read the book.  This book might be a little traumatic as it is about the rape and murder of a teen girl and told from her perspective in heaven.  I didn't really feel deeply about the movie except maybe a little skeevy- like how would you even come up with that idea for a book?  But I have also watched a lot of Criminal Minds in the last few months and have felt more deeply recently about victims.  I am not unfeeling person but more of a distant person.  One of the biggest reasons I read is to feel empathy and feelings I would otherwise not think much about.  Any way, I was able to give this book a couple more minutes and pages of my time while I was stuck in the kitchen and it is written so simply and beautifully that I think I could really dig down and appreciate what the author is conveying.





This book I will probably read sooner rather than later because I own it and bought it recently at Value village.  It joined me in my mess of packing for the youth group trip.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........