The Great American Read: Day 52 Memoirs of a Geisha

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden is a book I that has come across my radar once in awhile on lists and I think even my husband has read it or listened to it on audio- although I could be confusing it with another book.  Any way, I haven't really ever been very interested in Japanese culture, but from what I could gather it is easy to follow and sounds lovely- beautiful metaphors and similes and a lot to learn and reflect on.  I found a few of the chapters on Youtube to listen to while I was working on the food for the trip so that was helpful. 

I bought this book at Value Village and I have never thought much of it till now, but I think I will enjoy it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........