The Great American Read: Day 58 Fiesta: The Sun Also Rises

Well this sounds fun....insert sarcasm....The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway, I have read about 36 pages so far and it is basically what one can expect from Hemingway.  I have loved and hated his books in equal measure so I wasn't exactly sure what expect but after what I just read this is pretty drivel and average for a book so I wonder how it got on the list.  All the characters seem to be bored writers in Paris passing around their "lovers" around, drinking a lot of alcohol and coffee and feeling sorry for themselves- lovely (insert some more sarcasm).  Well, thank goodness it is short.

Got this book at Value Village- I hoped it would be more like A Farewell to Arms but it is far more whiny and I have less sympathy for these characters already.  It makes me think I might actually like The Old Man and the Sea if I gave it another chance. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........