The Great American Read: Day 71 Jane Eyre

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte is a classic, but I have never read it.  I was much more into Wuthering Heights by Charlotte's sister Emily (more on that later as that book also made the list).  This book seems like the kind of book I would like and in fact I have tried to read it on numerous occasions but it has never been the right time.  Plus there is a funny story about the copy of this book I own.  While I was still in college but it was summer break I was at my parents house.  Everyone else was gone and I answered the door.  It was someone who claimed to be doing some type of fundraiser and was selling books to go on some school trip.  This young man seemed genuine and not creepy plus books!  Since no one was home I said sure I will buy a book.  What I did not know was that these were some pretty expensive "fancy" books.  I mean they were mostly classics when I glanced at the titles but these books were between $50-70 dollars a piece!  What were these books made of?  Gold?  Any way, I felt cornered.  I had already agreed to buy a book.  So I picked the cheapest one I could find- Jane Eyre for $52 dollars and he said it would ship to my house in about a week.  This is the copy I now own.  The MOST expensive book I have ever bought.  Since it was so very expensive I have been reluctant to just carry it around with me and read it like a normal reader.  I have to sit down and read it at home so it has slowed down any process I could have made on this book.  Plus my version has large chunks of untranslated French- I don't know if that is true for all versions but it is true of mine.






Should be gold, right?
I do know the basic story but I will let Crash Course's John Green tell it much better than I can.



Well don't let me hold up your own personal reading.  I have to get back to mine.  Check this out though if you have time.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

The Great American Read: Day 3 A Prayer for Owen Meany