The Great American Read: Day 72 Fifty Shades of Grey

Wow, we are at the most controversial book on the list.  This is one of three books that I am a little embarrassed about and would not have read if not for this list.  Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James, from what I can gather from The Great American Facebook Book Club, is the most talked about in a "I can't believe it made it onto this list!" kind of way.  Based on what I have read about this book it is just strashy erotica and glorifying a very toxic relationship.  It also contains BDSM.  I am just going to stop right there and say I probably shouldn't read this book.  It sounds horrible.  But I would like to make my own opinion.  I embarrassingly bought the book from a little old lady at the used bookstore who seemed more surprised that Flowers in the Attic had made the list.  Still on the fence about reading this one so let's just end this post before I feel more sad about American culture.

Possibly 50 Shades of it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........