The Great American Read: Day 73 The Joy Luck Club

The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan- I love this book.  I read it for Minority Lit. Class in college and then I reread it again this year for my Popsugar Reading Challenge for the prompt #14 "a book by an author who is a different ethnicity than you".  I bought my copy for class and it was already used at the time so my copy is a little battered up.  I have never written an official review of this book but all you need to know is that it is about 4 Chinese mother immigrants to America and the relationship dynamics they have with their daughters.  The characters can be a little confusing at first but it reads easily and even though I am not Chinese I feel as if I can relate with the mother/daughter strains and joys.  I recommend this book.  I have Voted for it several times now. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........