The Great American Read: Day 76 The Lord of the Rings

"One ring to rule them all,
one ring to find them,
one ring to bring them all.
 and in the darkness bind them."

Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien is a fantastic book.  I have only read the first book and I have never reread it, but this is beautiful literature.  I actually got half way through the second book in the series The Two Towers and I put it down.  It was so wonderful.  I didn't want it to end.  I felt like I needed to be reading this book in a special time and special place.  I took a class in college on Tolkien but it was mostly the class watching the movies.  We only recently acquired the whole series so now all the books match.  This was my previous "complete" series.  





Orlando Bloom as Legolas- college was good times!
Boy, I really wish it were fall.  That is when you read these books when the leaves are changing color and the wind is crisp and you can fill up on lembas bread.  These books are popular enough and I don't think I could add much but I recommend them even to the nonfantasy people.  I will finish the series when I am ready.  

#VOTELOTR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........