The Great American Read: Day 81 Tales of the City

Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin, as I understand it, was somewhat of a groundbreaking novel at the time because many of the characters in the book are gay.  I don't have a problem with this.  I am not offended by it in any way.  In fact, I am intrigued.  People are going to live very different lives.  I don't have any type of power to stop them, but I have the power to love and accept humans the best I know how.  If they are not hurting me, others, or themselves (at least not seriously) it is not my place to "fix" them.  Maybe that is "radical" I don't know.  Just let them live their lives and love them when they are a part of yours.  I am just one small person.  This is my opinion.  I don't think I always even had an opinion, but now I do.  So I guess this less about a book right now then it is about my thoughts on homosexuality. 

Fabulous!  Okay I haven't read the book yet, but just say it with flair!




Back to reading- this book is about starting over in the late 1970s in San Fransisco.  It seems like simple writing.  I probably would never have picked it up on my own.  This is a copy from the library, but as I said I am intrigued to find out what this book is about. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........