The Great American Read: Day 82 Things Fall Apart

Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe is one of about 15 books that I had never heard of before The Great American List came out.  So I am relying on a review by a fellow book friend whose taste is some what similar to mine when it comes to book.  She gave the book 5 stars.  She says she loves this book but she also loves African culture so she admits to being a little bias.  If anything I am neutral to African culture and history.  I am probably intimidated by it.  Africa is huge.  The history can't be simple.  I actually claim no real, true knowledge about it.  What I gather about this book is that it is telling two stories.  It sounds powerful.  It sounds almost magical with myths, fable, and truth surrounding it.  It appears to be a struggle between European missionaries and the world of the ancient African.  It sounds great.  I can't wait to read it, but not in a super excited way but in a "I really want to know more about this" way.  It also sounds emotional.

Library Copy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Popsugar Challenge 2018 Nearly Complete with Mini Reviews

Girls Can! Crate, Raddish Fun, and What Hermione Does

Microhistory and only a few weeks left in 2018........